Terms & Conditions
Download PDF version or Microsoft Word (.docx) version
Terms and Conditions: Advertised Workshops (effective 18 July 2014)
- Bookings for advertised courses will be accepted on a first come first served basis. A booking made by telephone must be confirmed in writing, by fax, by email or by letter. Details of the participants' title, full name (including first name) and job title should be included in the confirmation.
- Once a booking has been confirmed the Academy will issue a written confirmation, joining instructions and an invoice. The invoice should be paid in full prior to participants attending the course unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Cancellations must be made in writing (or by fax/email) within 21 days of the course date. As some of our courses involve small groups in order to maximise the effectiveness of learning, cancellations may effect on the viability of the course. In addition the course venue has strict booking conditions and charges penalties for cancellations. Therefore, cancellations made within 21 days of the course will be charged in full.
- Participants may be replaced, without charge, at any time prior to commencement of the course.
- In the event of late cancellation for any reason (including transport difficulties, disruptions or bereavements) or no show, the course fee is non-refundable and shall be paid in full.
- The Academy reserves the right to alter the advertised programme or replace speakers in the event of sudden unavailability of a presenter.
- The Academy reserves the right to cancel a course before or during the event or alter the venue at any time in the event of unforeseen circumstances or adverse conditions or circumstances that may jeopardise the safety and well-being of participants and course presenters.
- In the event that a course is cancelled at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances (such as speaker illness, acts of god, acts of terrorism, or problems with the venue) it will be rearranged at a time a near as possible to the original date. Participants will be invited to attend the revised course. No refunds will be given unless the course is cancelled without rearrangement. A credit to the value of the course fee, for use against future course fees may be issued at the discretion of the Academy.
- In the event of the unforeseen cancellation of a course the Academy cannot accept any liability for other losses or costs incurred by the client.
- As determined by Copyright Law, course materials, slides, course notes, learning aids, examination papers and other materials prepared by the Academy remain at all times the copyright and intellectual property of the Academy and should not be reproduced or used in other ways without the permission of the Academy.
- All Academy courses are given by teachers whose opinions are based on personal knowledge and previous experiences. None of the information presented is intended to be a formal opinion and the Academy or its teachers cannot accept any liability for losses or damages arising from information provided on courses. The client is responsible for obtaining a formal opinion prior to implementation of any information provided.